If you are considering Safe Awake Tumescent Liposuction, the customized local (or awake) liposuction system used in plastic surgery centers is reliable. It allows the removal of body fat with minimal tissue intrusion. and surrounding muscles. In addition, while traditional liposuction procedures often require the patient to undergo general anesthesia, Awake Tumescent Liposuction is used with local anesthesia.
Undergoing local anesthesia allows patients to participate in conscious liposuction, recover in less time, feel less discomfort during recovery and perform tasks such as walking, driving and eating in a much shorter period of time after surgery. The benefits of local anesthesia over general anesthesia are many.
Awake Tumescent Liposuction was originally designed to improve patient safety and comfort and reduce the physical strain on the body. The awake liposuction system allows more effective and more comfortable liposuction. Using low-frequency acoustic infrasound vibration, Awake Tumescent Liposuction system can remove large amounts of body fat.
How to Prepare Liposuction
Patients who want liposuction should keep in mind some basic details:
- The best liposuction results are obtained in patients under 50 years of age since the younger skin is more likely to adapt to the new contour.
- Smoking patients should quit smoking or reduce it to the minimum possible (3 cigarettes a day) for at least 3 weeks before the intervention, thus reducing the risk of fat infections after the intervention.
- Should avoid taking herbal products and or medications that may alter blood clotting for a week before surgery.
What are the Liposuction Zones?
The areas that can be treated in liposuction are:
- The areas of the hip or ” cartridge belts “, the lower part of the back and the inner side of the thighs are typical areas of very localized fat, which respond excellently to liposuction.
- They also respond with good results, other areas of fatty deposits such as the upper part of the back, the inner side of the knees, the area of the jowls and the waist (in this last case, the contour also depends on the fat are inside the abdomen). The area of the abdomen is also a good area to perform liposuction, although first, we must rule out the existence of small hernias around the umbilicus or weaknesses in the abdominal muscles, so, in case of doubt, we usually recommend performing an ultrasound of the abdominal wall.
- The areas where it is more difficult to get good results and that have more risk of complications are the front of the thighs. In these areas should be applied with great care because there is a risk of sinking and therefore a worse aesthetic result.
How is a Liposuction Procedure Performed?
Dr. Delia delimits the areas to be treated. He paints marks on the skin. Then he places the patient under a blanket of heat. This avoids the cold of the operating room and the intervention itself.
Then we introduce, by a minimal incision in the skin, an infiltration cannula. It is a metal tube, very thin, that does not puncture and has holes. We pass a serum known as Klein solution with a local anesthetic. We let 10 to 15 minutes pass for the anesthesia to take effect and start liposuction.
The area of infiltration is a little more extensive than the area that we are going to treat. Avoiding that a “step” can be noticed between the treated area and the untreated area.
Thanks to local anesthesia, patients can stay awake. The infiltration will leave anesthesia in the area until almost twelve hours later, which allows great comfort.
What are the Risks of Liposuction?
There may also be a risk of thrombus formation in the veins of the legs. To avoid it, we will use medium compression stockings. We will ask the patient to start walking from the same day of the intervention.
The most common aesthetic complications of liposuction are skin flaccidity and the appearance of subsidence in the skin.
When performing a liposuction we are emptying the skin content. If we are very aggressive or perform an incorrect technique, the skin runs the risk of becoming flaccid. It ends up loosening, and the result is unsatisfactory for both the patient and the doctor. So that this does not happen, it is necessary a healing in which the skin retracts. It adapts well to the new body shape. This happens more easily the younger and more elastic the skin of the patient. The more superficial (closer to the skin) is the liposuction.
Liposuction near the skin has the risk of leaving a mark by sinking. If the technique is not performed carefully and the cannula passes just below the skin. It can also happen when we perform excessive emptying.
To avoid both aesthetic defects, the most important thing is to perform a careful technique. Be clear that it is preferable to fall short of exceeding. At the end of the surgery, the doctor will dress the patient in a specific compression garment.
Get 4th Liposuction Area Completed for FREE after having 3 Areas Done from Now to November 30th!
Also Please View the Liposuction Post Below!
|Liposuction Results||Does Liposuction Really Work?|